Volunteers are asked to work a minimum of two 4-hour shifts per month.
As a volunteer you agree to provide services without expectation or the right to compensation. Participation
in this volunteer program is not contingent upon membership in any organization, nor are any dues
As a volunteer you must:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Complete a mandatory orientation and attend an interview session.
- Satisfactorily complete basic volunteer training and specific placement training.
- Sign an agreement to continue your volunteer education, and receive final
approval by the volunteer coordinator for volunteer placement.
- Have a completed application form, a completed health questionnaire, and a
signed and dated Confidentiality of Information Acknowledgement on file.
Discounts in museum gift shop and cafè
An invitation to our annual volunteer appreciation event
Check out privileges in our Volunteer Library
Continuing Education opportunities:
- Free preview of special exhibits
- "Out of the stacks" showcase of library artifacts
- Noteworthy guest speakers
- Bus trips to historic sites
- Reduced conference and seminar fees
- Book discussions