Become a Charter Member today
Join us for our 16th Jubilee! We call upon you, our treasured friends, to rededicate yourselves and join us in this endeavor to find a “permanent home” for our 16th president’s cherished effects and other historic items which bring his story to life.
Join us as we commemorate the ALPLF’s Jubilee—our 16th anniversary—that’s 16 years in 2016 of serving our 16th President.
And what’s not to celebrate? Over the past 16 years, the ALPLF, working in collaboration with generous benefactors like you, has been able to raise more than $42 million dollars in in-kind and financial support to honor the legacy of this Railsplitter-turned-President and benefit his Presidential Library and Museum. That is quite an achievement, and we owe it all to you. None of what has been accomplished over the past 16 years: the building and opening of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum; hosting more than 4 million visitors from more than 100 countries around the globe; and the acquisition, in part, of the world-renowned 1,500-piece Taper Collection, among other accomplishments—none of this could have become a reality without you.
But there is still unfinished work. As the ALPLF embarks on its 16th Jubilee, it continues the unfinished work of raising funds to find a “permanent home” for the Taper Collection, as part of the ongoing $25 million Permanent Home Campaign (PHC). The PHC is more than 55 percent complete, with approximately $11.4 million remaining to be raised. From April 14 to May 15, the ALPLM will showcase in the Illinois Gallery of the Museum dozens of artifacts and documents underwritten and/or gifted by philanthropic individuals and entities like you, most especially through the Permanent Home Campaign, in an exhibit entitled "Unfinished Work."
Become a Charter member today & underwrite an artifact from the Taper Collection.
Make a donation of $5,000 or above to honor your family or friends on the Museum Wall of Recognition—plus you will enjoy exclusive Charter Member benefits including Lifetime Membership! (Gifts are tax deductible as allowable by law.)
All new and renewing Charter members will also be presented with a certificate acknowledging the underwriting of an artifact from the Taper Collection in your honor.
Then, join us for the Charter Members Only Exhibit Gala of “Unfinished Work” on April 14, 6:30–8:30, in the Museum Plaza. The event will recognize the Charter level donors of the underwritten artifacts as well as allow for the viewing of the underwritten artifacts in the exhibit—we hope to see you there!
Contributions payable either in a lump sum or over a period of years, not to exceed five years from the date of the initial gift.
(Please call 217-557-6250 or email email@example.com for giving levels above $5,000.)
Gateway Society Charter Member Benefits
• Business or Family name on the Gateway Wall
• Lifetime Membership! *
• Free use of the Library or Museum for an event, subject to ALPLM approval (Founder Level and above) **
• Free, unlimited admission for member and nine guests *
• Private vault tour for four (Benefactor Level and above)
• Guided Museum tour for five (Sustainer Level and above)
• Exhibit catalogs as released
• Invitation to a special Charter Members Only event
• Two tickets to Jim Edgar Lecture
• Annual invitation to free family event
• 15% discount at Museum Store
• Four Score and Seven newsletter
• Emails and postcards with news and events plus advance notice of previews and exhibits
• Time Travelers reciprocal benefits at museums and historical societies throughout the U.S.
* Lifetime Membership Free Admission Benefit limited to two (2) per visit after initial 5 year anniversary date.
** Up to 2% of total donation. Maximum benefit $5,000.
For more information:
Contact Phyllis Evans
500 E. Madison Street—Suite 200 | Springfield, IL 62701