Abraham Lincoln Needs You
Walls have played an integral role in society for millennia: The Great Wall of China; The Berlin Wall; The Vietnam Memorial Wall; The Wailing Wall; The Green Monster.
Gateway Museum Wall of Recognition
These walls and others have protected and fortified; sheltered and separated. They have provided solace and engendered sadness. They have been centers of protest, celebration and spiritual growth. They have inspired awe and anger, fear and freedom. They have humbled and humiliated. They have memorialized and honored.
Since its inception, the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, Library and Foundation have honored generous philanthropists on the Gateway Wall of donors. Elegant and fine, the brass and glass wall conveys both the strength and fragility of a nation, a museum and a man … Abraham Lincoln. The donors recognized on the wall, have quietly gone about their philanthropic work, protecting, preserving and promoting the life and legacy of one of the greatest leaders the world has ever known, Abraham Lincoln. The Gateway Wall honors and remembers those patriotic, philanthropic and committed individuals in perpetuity for their dedication and devo¬tion to the man who, like many of those at Gettysburg and battles before and since, have given the last full measure of devotion. The Gateway Wall recognizes those generous individuals who, through their selfless giving, have ensured that Abraham Lincoln’s rich and enduring legacy will continue to inspire individuals from all over the world for generations to come. Their generous support has not only helped to build the Museum, Library and Foundation, it has enabled us to build an extraordinary, living permanent home for the collections, personal and professional artifacts and documents of the 16th President of the United States, his family, friends and contemporaries.
Abraham Lincoln needs you and he asks you:
What is the measure of your devotion?
How will you express your gratitude and honor this iconic man who saved, sustained and buoyed the American nation during its darkest hours? The Gateway Wall provides you just the opportunity. We invite you to join the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library, Museum and Foundation and its esteemed philanthropists through a generous commitment to the Gateway Society. Your mem¬bership ensures that a perpetual gateway will exist, forever linking our past with our future, illuminating Lincoln and his profound, everlasting impact on generations to come.
Charter Member giving levels begin at $5,000 (and above).
Contributions payable either in a lump sum or over a period of years, not to exceed five years from the date of the initial gift.
(Please call 217-557-6250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for giving levels above $5,000.)
Gateway Society Charter Member Benefits
• Business or Family name on the Gateway Wall
• Lifetime Membership! *
• Free use of the Library or Museum for an event, subject to ALPLM approval (Founder Level and above) **
• Free, unlimited admission for member and nine guests *
• Private vault tour for four (Benefactor Level and above)
• Guided Museum tour for five (Sustainer Level and above)
• Exhibit catalogs as released
• Invitation to a special Charter Members Only event
• Two tickets to Jim Edgar Lecture
• Annual invitation to free family event
• 15% discount at Museum Store
• Four Score and Seven newsletter
• Emails and postcards with news and events plus advance notice of previews and exhibits
• Time Travelers reciprocal benefits at museums and historical societies throughout the U.S.
* Lifetime Membership Free Admission Benefit limited to two (2) per visit after initial 5 year anniversary date.
** Up to 2% of total donation. Maximum benefit $5,000.
For more information:
Contact Phyllis Evans
500 E. Madison Street—Suite 200 | Springfield, IL 62701